Today, I present to you: the easiest tote bag ever made!
This very cute, SUPER easy & ridiculously cheap tshirt tote bag tutorial is actually a spin off on an email that the Gap sent out recently. However, they weren’t very thorough in their directions. Hopefully I can fix that and you will have a new, stylish bag 10 minutes from now. Here we go!
What you will need:
- Tshirt (solid or print is fine) **I used a kids L by mistake and my bag ended up being more of a handbag, so I recommend an adult L if you want to put anything more than your iphone in it
- Lay your tshirt flat, cut off the neck band, the bottom seam and the sleeves. (Precious puppy is optional)
- Cut from the bottom up about 5″-8″ long, 3/4″ wide strips all the way across the width of the shirt (cut depending on the variation of fringe you want
- Pull each of the strips down to turn them into little noodle looking things
- Tie the matching front and back strips together in double knots. Tie all.
- Now you want to cut the neck hole of the shirt into a deeper scoop (If you are thinking what I am thinking, this would make SUCH a cute top! That may be my next DIY!).
- Cut the top of the shoulders so that you now have 4 straps to work with.
- Tie the left front shoulder to the right front shoulder (think “halter top”). Do the same for the back.
- You now have a tote bag! Make any additional cuts or changes to the scoop of the “neck” until you are satisfied with the look of your bag.
The end :) Enjoy!
Stay tuned for upcoming pictures of a non-kids size one in use.